Feedback Requested: Please send your comments on the proposed WAC 181-78A-264 amendment to extend the residency principal internship over an academic year to Coleen.Putaansuu@k12.wa.us.
Date: October 20, 2015
Time: 10 am - 3 pm
Location: CityU - Renton, 555 S. Renton Village Pl., Renton, WA 98057, Triton Tower One Bldg. - 3rd Floor
Date: November 3, 2015
Time: 10 am - 3 pm
Location: Gonzaga University - Spokane, Hemmingson Center, Room 312 -Firenze
Administrator Program Information
The Washington Council of Education Administration Programs (WCEAP) agreed to implement the Common Performance Assessments beginning with the summer/fall 2012 cohorts. For accountability purposes, each program has developed a program portfolio that includes the Common Performance Assessments and rubrics for each standard for review by site visit teams.
- June 29, 2015
- October 2, 2015 / CityU-Renton
- January 29, 2016 / location TBD
- May 13, 2016 / location TBD
- June 27, 2016 / Spokane
- Professional Growth Plan (PGP) for Program Completion
- Cultural Competence & Leading to Support Diverse Learners
- CCSS & NGSS Instructional Resources
- Teacher-Principal Evaluation Project (TPEP) Training Resources
As of August 31, 2013, candidates for a residency principal certificate must demonstrate knowledge of teacher evaluation research and Washington's evaluation requirements and successfully complete opportunities to practice teacher evaluation skills (RCW 28A.410.278).
TPEP Requirements for Candidates & Programs:
Resources from TPEP Trainings for Higher Ed. on Sept. 16 & 20, 2013 - from the Washington Leadership Academy
Resources from OSPI / TPEP
- TPEP Infographic
- TPEP overview of the common elements of the 3 frameworks: http://tpep-wa.org/wp-content/uploads/Framework-Support-Document.pdf
- TPEP evaluation model components: http://tpep-wa.org/the-model/
- TPEP teacher and principal evaluation connections: http://tpep-wa.org/wp-content/uploads/Criteria-linkage-posters.pdf
- TPEP training
modules (no login is required): http://tpep-wa.org/trainingpd/tpep-training-modules/
has agreed to allow principal and superintendent preparation programs to access their cadre of
Instructional & Leadership Framework and Criteria Feedback Specialists
(ICFFSs) to assist with training on the new evaluation system. Below you will find three links to lists of ICFFSs, each is specialized by
one of the three frameworks. Please note, on the ICFFS lists “Round 1”
indicates experienced TPEP trainers and “Round 2” are new trainers.
- TPEP Trainers
Guidance for effective assignment of Educational Support Associates (ESAs) including school psychologists, school counselors, and social workers.